Terms and Conditions
Perfect Balance Clinic values the views of all clients, and welcomes comments and suggestions from our clients. We endeavour to provide a service of the highest standard at all times, in relation to service delivery and our commitment to work in partnership with our clients, to deliver their healthcare in a way that meets their needs.
Our company director will ensure all comments and suggestions are communicated to the lead clinician and produce a quarterly and annual report for The Board of Directors. Our company director is the key contact for our clients to deal with any problems that may arise, including client complaints.
A formal complaints policy is available to all clients upon request. Below is an outline of our complaints policy.
• Clients are encouraged to give their feedback, at times when clients wish to make a complaint; the process will be managed by the company director. If a client raises a matter of concern with a member of staff, the members of staff should advise the client of the complaints policy and direct the client to the company director. When the company director is on planned or unplanned leave alternative arrangements will be made to manage the complaints procedure. • Clients are advised to address their complaint in writing.
• All complaints will receive written confirmation within two working days upon receipt of the complaint, outlining the stages of the investigation.
• A full response will be made in writing within 20 days of receipt of the complaint, outlining the investigation process, steps taken and outcomes and actions taken following the investigation of the complaint.
• All complaints will be investigated by the company directors, with an investigation report to be presented to The Board of Directors. Complaints will be correlated with the annual results of the client satisfaction survey, to enable the directors to review and assess service delivery and the views of our clients.
• Perfect Balance Clinic acknowledges complaints as a serious matter, and is committed to rectify areas that may cause concern or dissatisfaction for our clients.
• A summary of complaints and the outcomes will be presented at team meetings, to ensure relevant areas of concern, action taken, and changes in practice as a result of the complaint investigation, are communicated to all members of staff and associates.
Payment must be made at the time of treatment for osteopathy, physiotherapy, pilates, sports massage/therapy, rehab appointments. Payment must be made in advance for all running clinic sessions.
Late payments policy
Please note that with effect from 1st June 2015, late payment of invoices (30 days after treatment) will be subject to an additional charge on the following basis:
£10 for appointments in our Hertfordshire clinics
£15 for appointments in our London clinics
Offers and promotions
All offers and promotions cannot be exchanged for any cash value. The promotion and offer or voucher should only be used by the intended person and as such we may ask for ID proof from the person producing the voucher to verify they are the recipient. Promotions and offers cannot be shared between individuals.
All vouchers unless otherwise dated are to be used within 1 year of their receipt or known release from the clinic to an event or promotion.
Refund and cancellation policy
Cancellation – 24 hours notice is required for cancellation of appointments. Missed sessions without the 24 hours notice will be fully chargeable as if attended. Refund of equipment purchased – must be returned within 14 days of purchase for products that have not been opened, used or damaged, with proof of purchase.
Using your Private Medical Insurance Policy
If you are planning to use private medical insurance (pmi), please contact your insurer as soon as possible and before your first Perfect Balance appointment to ensure you meet the terms of your policy.
The procedures of insurance companies differ and some require the policy holder/patient to obtain a GP referral before they grant authorisation to commence treatment. Most private medical insurers cover osteopathy, physiotherapy and podiatry but other treatments, eg sports massage, pilates and rehab will not be covered. Please check the terms of your policy with your insurer.
Naturally, if you are in pain you wish to be treated as quickly as possible and we wish to offer the earliest available appointment to start you on the road to recovery. However, please be aware that insurance authorisation can not necessarily be applied retrospectively. Please tell us when you book your first appointment that you intend to use pmi to claim for your treatment. In order to book your appointment with an appropriate practitioner, we need to know which insurance company it is.
We need you to provide us with the following:
- Name of insurance company
- Policy or Membership number
- Claim reference/Authorisation code for this course of treatment
- Which part of the body (eg left shoulder, lower back, etc)
- Number of sessions/budget authorised
- Details of any Excess due
Some insurers do not cover the full fees for treatment. Once we have your authorisation details we can invoice at the fee agreed by Perfect Balance with your insurer. Until we receive the authorisation details we will invoice at our standard rates and you may be liable for the costs.
We will send your invoices to your insurance company directly for payment once we have all the details. Your insurance company may inform us that the invoices are your liability, for example, due to excess, shortfall, benefit limit exceeded. In this case, please settle your account with Perfect Balance within 30 days of notice.
Your practitioner may recommend an alternative treatment to speed your recovery and this may not be covered by the original authorisation. For instance, an osteopath may recommend you go on to see a physiotherapist or podiatrist or vice versa. Please check with your insurer and obtain a fresh authorisation if necessary.
Sometimes it may be a simple matter of holiday cover by one practitioner for another; it is preferable for you to be treated by another practitioner recognised by your insurer so you can continue claiming. Please remind us to book you with an appropriately recognised practitioner.
If you have any questions relating to your private medical insurance it is best to direct them to your insurance company in the first instance. We will do our best to assist you in the claim process.