Are you struggling with osteoporosis or osteopenia? This article will help provide you information on our top 5 tips on managing and preventing these conditions with osteoporosis training.
“Osteoporosis and Osteopenia are life-altering, but there are ways of managing and preventing the conditions with osteoporosis training”
We have a vast majority of clients who suffer from osteoporosis or osteopenia. These conditions can be really life-altering and can have a huge negative impact on day-to-day life.
There are ways of managing and preventing the condition, and here are five tips to help you go about it:
- Firstly, choose high impact, high-intensity exercises. For your upper body, boxing combinations and for your lower body, jumping variations have proven to be far more beneficial than running. However, if you do want to include running into your routine, that’s absolutely fine. Choose high intensity runs like sprints and preferably run outdoors where the uneven terrain provides a further benefit and a further challenge to your body.
- Perform at least two full body strength sessions a week. Subsequently, stronger muscles surrounding your joints will ensure that the joints are steady. It will further decrease the risk of falls injury or experiencing bone fractures.
- Add balance exercises into your routine. Improving your body’s perception and your mind/body connection will further decrease the risk of falls. Falls are one of the main reasons for osteoporotic fractures.
- Address inflexible muscle tendons to further improve your body’s mechanics. Inflexible muscle tendon can cause your alignment to be thrown off when you’re performing simple movements or higher impact exercises. Therefore addressing and correcting inflexibility can make sure that your body works at its peak.
- Most importantly do not forget about nutrition. Nutrition and training go hand in hand, but it’s especially crucial for clients dealing with osteoporosis. At Perfect Balance Wellbeing, we have a dedicated team of specialists who will be ensuring that you’re getting the correct levels of nutrients, but also that nothing stops your body from absorbing them, which is very often something that’s being overlooked.
These are some tips for you to take into consideration whilst dealing with osteoporosis. However, if you have any further questions or if you deal with osteoporosis or osteopenia and are seeing very little results, please get in touch with us, and one of our specialists will be able to help you.
If this article resonated with you then…
Take advantage of our weight loss advice sessions. These sessions are designed to give you very quick and effective results; giving you the support you need with your weight loss goal.
During these sessions, you will be provided with a thorough assessment of your lifestyle and goals to find out your best steps to achieve your goals.
If you would like to achieve your goals, contact us here to provide us with your details and we will have one of our team members get in touch.