I am a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor, licensed to practise in Hong Kong and the UK. I trained for 6 years at The University of Hong Kong, the world’s leading medical school in the integration of Oriental and Western medicines. During this time, I underwent robust training in multidisciplinary subjects, including anatomy alongside students in conventional Western medicines. My acupuncture therapies are grounded upon the first principles of science and complemented with the vicarious experience of Traditional Chinese Medicines.
Acupuncture can promote topical blood circulation, ease pain, break down adhesive tissues without invasive operation, and relieve stress through enhancing your energy flow.
I am also a registered yoga instructor. When appropriate, I will design for my patients certain bespoke, light-touch stretching exercises that can help alleviate symptoms and gradually rectify their underlying health problems
Having trained and practised in Hong Kong in my earlier career, I relocated to London with a mission to bring over the wisdom of oriental medicines and holistic therapies, filling the gaps of Western medicines while complimenting it. I identify myself as the new, contemporary generation of Traditional Chinese Medicine doctors. I verily believe that the starting point of all medical practices should be evidence-based science. From that point onwards we can learn and benefit from the vicarious experience of traditional medicines. It is with such professionalism that I approach every one of my patients.
I have extensive clinical experience dealing with the following issues:
- Musculoskeletal issues: neck pain, back pain, slipped disk, ligament injuries, arthritis, carpal-tunnel syndrome, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow
- Stress & mental wellbeing: stress, insomnia, depression, generalised anxiety, stress-induced fibromyalgia, panic attack
- Fertility challenges & hormonal imbalance: menstrual irregularity and cramps, menopause-related symptoms, PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndrome), infertility, thyroid hormone imbalance, hair loss,
- Common lifestyle diseases & internal medical conditions: IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), gastric reflux, migraine, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, post-stroke rehabilitation
- Long Covid symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, fatigue, dizziness, heart palpitation.
The University of Hong Kong – Bachelor of Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture and Oriental Medicines)
Yoga Alliance – Certificate in 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training
Hong Kong Hospital Authority – Certificate in Community Psychological Medicine
Chinese Medical Institute and Register – Registered Chinese Medicine Physician
British Acupuncture Federation
Musculoskeletal issues: neck pain, back pain, slipped disk, sciatica, tendonitis
Stress & mental wellbeing: insomnia, depression, generalised anxiety, stress-induced fibromyalgia, panic attack
Internal medical conditions: headache, IBS, reproductive challenges, chronic rhinitis, long covid symptoms