Tendon Pain Or Injury? Heal with Shockwave Therapy
Reduce Inflammation And Pain And Restore Movement
What Are The Most Common Conditions
We Treat With Shockwaves?
You can recover pain-free movement from these conditions:
- Reduce the ache of tennis elbow – inflammation of a tendon attachment on the lateral elbow
- Restore movement in stubborn shoulder pain conditions
- Reduce the pain of golfer’s elbow, where an inflamed tendon attaches on the medial elbow
- Relieve painful hip bursitis (bursitis trochanterica)
- Relieve knee pain of patella tip syndrome, an Inflammation of the point of attachment of the patellar ligament in the knee
- Shin Splints – recover from the bane of runners – Inflammation of the tibial edge due to excessive strain
- Speed the healing of Achilles Tendonitis, an irritation of the Achilles tendon
- Walk freely again without the chronic inflammation and heel pain of plantar fasciitis
What To Expect From
Shockwave Therapy Treatment
Your therapist will discuss your symptoms with you and locate the source of pain. They will then mark the area intended for the Shockwave Therapy. A gel is applied to optimise the contact between the application device and your skin. The hand piece delivers pulsations to the pain area for just a few minutes, depending on the condition. The energy waves then stimulate the body’s natural healing mechanisms.
The treatment itself doesn’t hurt. Occasionally there is mild discomfort in the muscle for a day or two after. This occurs because the treatment works by causing micro-injury to the muscle, which stimulates it to naturally repair itself to full health, in the same way weight training strengthens muscles. Most patients say they have few or no problems following treatment.
Is Shockwave Therapy Right For Me?
Perfect Balance practitioners are highly ethical and will make sure that Shockwave Therapy is the best choice of treatment for you before starting any treatment. This treatment can produce amazing results but we must make sure that you are right for the treatment and that there are no contraindications.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
Usually, between one and three sessions, depending on the condition being treated. More than three sessions in a set period of time are not indicated and may impair healing, so our standard package offer includes three sessions.