Looking to boost your immune system with limited ingredients in the kitchen?
This easy to make, vegan and gluten-free creamy carrot ginger soup recipe is just what you need. With some sourdough bread, it makes a yummy meal that is ready in just 10 minutes!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped carrots – rich in vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants.
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- A garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more/less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Sauté the carrots and onions until just soft. This will provide the soup with lots of aromatics without adding in extra fat or salt.
- Add the sautéed carrots to a blender with vegetable broth, fresh ginger, turmeric, orange juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Blend until creamy and enjoy!
At Perfect Balance Clinic, we are closely monitoring the developments relating to the spread of coronavirus and noting updates given by the World Health Organisation and other public bodies.
If you are worried about the virus and want to know more about how to boost your health, contact us today and speak to one of our qualified Nutritionists who can guide and reassure you on how to optimise your immune health today!
Take advantage of my complimentary 15-minute sessions designed to give you the support you need. Why not kick start your road to recovery with us today?
Simply book in using our contact form below.